Thursday, December 28, 2006

Jingle Bells...



























I remember in my younger years, come Christmas season I would go out caroling in our neighborhood in Solis. I would do this with my cousins (Ray, Jerry...) or at times just by myself. With "Silent Night" as my only repertoire and with stringed and flattened "tanchans" as a tambourine I would go door to door, whether I know them or not.

I earned a modest sum, enough to buy candies and things...

I have made my eldest son - Jopoy experience this, but now that he is 16, he feels he is out of age already to do it. This year, my youngest - Jasmin with her cousin Jana (Kuya JV's youngest) went out and wooed our neighbors with their angelic voices.

Much to my amazement, within 30 minutes, they have earned close to 600 Pesos! Uncle Caloy gave the biggest which gave the two girls more encouragement to continue caroling. I wish I could have earned that much in my days...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good Job pinsan! Thank you for creating these pages. it makes me feel at home. But don't compare our x'mas caroling history with the girls.
eh, Sintunado tayo di ba? saka mali pa lyrics. hahaha!

Happy New Year!
Ray